Theater Festivals
 Any theatre festivals for High School production
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ManBehindtheCurtain33
Advanced Member

210 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2004 :  3:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ManBehindtheCurtain33 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Is there any festivals for a high school productions out there. I mean were high school students in there school shows go to festivals and perform. There used to be Rider University but it ended this year. If so please respond. Thanks

Edited by - ManBehindtheCurtain33 on 12 Oct 2004 3:52:09 PM

gypsymom3
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2005 :  10:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I realize this is a very old post but I will take a shot.

STANJ (Speech and Theatre Association of New Jersey) runs two theatre festivals. The High School Theatre Festival is held at Mason Gross, Rutgers U. at the end of January. First place in each category receives the Governor's Award in Arts Education in May. Categories include dramatic monologue, comedic monologue, dramatic pairs, comedic pairs, improv pairs, and scenes (which can include excerpts from a high school play - sorry no musicals). All material must be from a published play.

In March STANJ sponsors a middle school theatre competition held at Chatham Middle School, Chatham, NJ. Categories include dramatic monologue, dramatic pairs, comedic monologue, and comedic pairs. Judges for this event are all certified speech and drama teachers and/or professionals in the field. Papermill Playhouse, NJ Shakespeare, and Playwrights Theatre have all sent judges in the past.

STANJ has a website. www.stanj.org. STANJ also sponsors two workshops during the year as well as excellent presentations at the New Jersey Teachers Convention in November.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NJTheater.com © Copyright 1997-2009 NJTheater.com Go To Top Of Page